Microsoft Cloud & Security Consultant
At oobe we inspire innovation in everything we do. We craft technology to uncomplicate work lives. We are a leader in enabling government agencies in the adoption of cloud (e.g. Azure, M365) and are looking for skilled people to join us!
We have a position in our Sydney office for a passionate Microsoft cloud and security guru to join our team of experts. If you’re eager to make a real difference for our Federal and State Government clients keep reading.
What you get...
- Work as part of a rapidly growing Microsoft Gold Partner team that attracts clients who genuinely want to work with us.
- Great pay and conditions - we think you'll agree.
- Work with like-minded people focused on personal growth who like each other's company and love being challenged.
- We will support your career aspirations, providing training and structure to help you achieve your goals.
- We know you like learning, we do too - so we'll pay for books, training etc. to help you be that little bit better every day.
What you'll bring to the table:
- You will be someone that embraces learning - if you had one wish, you'd wish for more time to learn.
- You have an artisan's deft touch taking great pride in your work and you like working in roles where you wake up each morning knowing your day will finish having delivered something tangible and real.
- You will be the type of person who wants to work in a team where egos are left at the door, knowing that it's the team, not you who is the smartest person in the room.
- You believe that as a grown-up you should have the ability to make decisions without a committee.
- You believe that technology, when implemented properly, can make a real difference in people's lives.
The technical needs:
We don't live in a world of absolutes, however, if you have most of the following, we think you'll thrive with oobe
- Azure Active Directory
- Microsoft Azure Cloud platform – including Azure Firewall, Virtual Network, VPN Gateway/ExpressRoute, Virtual Machines, Windows Virtual Desktop.
- Cloud automation – including Azure DevOps, ARM, Terraform, Chef, Puppet etc.
- Workload migration including the 6 R’s model – Rehost, Replatform, Repurchase, Refactor, Retire and Retain
- Microsoft Active Directory including domain migrations and consolidations.
- Authentication and authorisation protocols (e.g. OAuth, SAML)
- Active Directory Federation Services
- Multi-Factor Authentication
- Microsoft 365 E5 (including Intune, Teams, SharePoint)
- Single Sign On
- Privileged Access and Identity Management
- User Profile Management
- Security hardening
- Automation and Scripting (e.g. PowerShell)
- Group Policy, LDAP, PKI, DHCP and DNS
- Window Desktop and/or Server management
- Application interoperability between users, workstations, networks and directory services
- Prepare designs for Microsoft Azure based solutions, focusing on innovation and security
- Build, configure and implement Microsoft and Cloud Identity based solutions
- Prepare and deliver As Built As Configured and Standard Operating Procedures, and conduct Skills Transfer with our clients
- Prepare security related documentation under the guidance of oobe’s Security practice
- Have the ability and emotional intelligence to build relationships to become our client’s ‘Trusted Advisor’ on best practices for Microsoft Cloud
- Work closely with other oobe team members to deliver quality outcomes for our clients
- Leverage oobe’s vendor relationships to assist with design, configuration and remediation activities based on best practices
- Continuous improvement and iteration of technical processes, tools and reporting.
- Keep abreast of the latest industry trends and best practices for technologies
- Assist with managing client expectations with oobe’s Project Management team
- Assist with preparing statement of works, user guides (e.g. FAQs), release notes, etc.
If you're ready to join a team of exceptional thinkers and doers who craft technical solutions to enable clients to get stuff done, we'd like to grab a coffee with you.
oobe is reinventing how businesses engage with technology. Moving beyond traditional systems integration, empowering teams to deliver real outcomes, faster. They craft solutions to uncomplicate work lives.
Born in 2007 out of consulting to Australian Federal Government, including Defence and Intelligence, oobe has offices in Canberra, Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney and New Zealand, with over 100 professionals servicing hundreds of clients throughout the Asia Pacific region.
oobe is a proud Microsoft Gold Partner and Citrix Platinum Partner.