Cloud Advisory Consultant
At oobe we inspire innovation in everything we do. We craft technology to uncomplicate work lives. We are a leader in enabling the adoption of cloud (e.g. Azure, O365) and are looking for skilled people to join us!
We have several opportunities based out of our Melbourne and Canberra offices for experienced technologists who enjoy helping clients realise a future where technology makes a real difference in the lives of their customers and their business. If you’re eager to make real, impactful and lasting change for our clients keep reading.
The team - oobe Cloud Advisory Practice
The oobe Cloud Advisory Practice has been created to help our client rapidly transition through the stages of cloud adoption from the initial ‘why should I adopt cloud?’ to the ‘how’ and finally to transitioning to a cloud powered business. You will be joining a team of advisory consultants who are curious about the world, live to solve problems, enjoy collaborating and want to create value through technology for our clients.
Your background and experience
With a focus on cloud advisory, we are looking for applicants who have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Multi and Hybrid cloud environments, an Azure engineering background is preferable
- Lead consulting activities, turning customers ideas/problem statements into technical solutions
- Developing technology strategies and roadmaps for clients
- Cost optimisation for cloud environments
- Cloud operating Models and frameworks e.g., Microsoft Cloud Adoption Framework (CAF)
- Develop technology business cases
- Leading cross-functional teams to achieve a business outcome
- Work with oobe account teams to define client problems and develop strategies, roadmaps and solutions
- Develop technology architectures, primarily focused on cloud architecture deliverables
- Assist in the development and implementation of cloud operating models for clients
- Provide guidance and direction to oobe engineers and consultants
- Utilise oobe and industry frameworks to help clients achieve the fastest path to secure cloud adoption
- Look for opportunities to help clients drive better efficiency and value from their technology investment
- Help oobe provide a better service to its clients, through innovation, leadership and identifying areas for improvements
- Work closely with other oobe team members to deliver quality outcomes for our clients
- Leverage oobe’s vendor relationships to assist with strategy, roadmap and business development activities based on best practices
- Continuous improvement and iteration of technical processes, tools and reporting
- Opportunity to keep abreast of the latest industry trends and best practices for technologies
- Assist with managing client expectations with oobe’s Project Management team
- Ability to participate in the creation of new products and solutions by being a member of a cross-functional team
- Provide senior technologist input into statement of works, user guides (e.g. FAQs), release notes, etc.
If you're ready to join a team of exceptional thinkers and doers who craft technical solutions to enable clients to get stuff done, we'd like to grab a coffee with you.
oobe is reinventing how businesses engage with technology providers. Moving beyond traditional systems integration, empowering teams to deliver real outcomes, faster, with a services and product portfolio that spans end-user computing, apps, data, cloud and cyber. With an extensive list of clients in the government, retail, education and critical infrastructure spaces, oobe has offices in Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales, Queensland, Victoria, Western Australia and New Zealand.
Born in 2007 out of consulting to the Australian Federal Government, including Defence and Intelligence, oobe has offices in Canberra, Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney, and New Zealand, with over 100 professionals servicing hundreds of clients throughout the Asia Pacific region.
oobe is a proud Microsoft Gold Partner and Citrix Platinum Partner.
Applicants must hold an Australian Citizenship and be able to undergo an Australian government security clearance process
Fujitsu complies with government legislation in various jurisdictions which in certain circumstances may impose a requirement that certain workers be vaccinated against COVID-19 (or otherwise have a valid exemption). Also, for client facing roles, many of our customers require our staff to be vaccinated to attend their workplaces. Based on Fujitsu’s assessment of workplace risk and the safety and wellbeing of our people and consultation with our staff, Fujitsu has introduced a Vaccination Requirements policy which requires all persons entering a Fujitsu workplace, attending a Fujitsu work-related event, or entering other premises to undertake work on Fujitsu’s behalf to be up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations or the subject of an appropriate exemption (and to provide evidence of the same). Consequently as a result of Fujitsu’s policy, and, where applicable, customer and legislated vaccination requirements, Fujitsu requires all new employees to be up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations or have an authorised exemption approved by Fujitsu’s Crisis management Team (CMT). Recruits will be required to provide evidence of their vaccination status as part of the recruitment process.